Lemon-Ginger Barbecued Ribs Recipe
- 8 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1. Place the ribs in two shallow roasting pans; add water. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- 2. For sauce, in a blender, combine the lemon juice, corn syrup, garlic and seasonings; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 3. Drain ribs. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Spoon some of the sauce over ribs.
- 4. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and brushing with sauce. Serve remaining sauce with ribs. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 1026 calories, 82g fat (25g saturated fat), 245mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 51g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Ginger Barbecued Ribs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.