Lemon Garlic Sprouts Recipe
- 1 pound fresh brussles sprouts, quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic, lemon juice and peel, salt if desired and pepper; saute for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 73 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Lemon Garlic Sprouts
"I've been making these since TOH published in their magazine many years ago. Even finicky eaters love these!"