Lemon Garlic Sprouts Recipe
- 1 pound fresh brussles sprouts, quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic, lemon juice and peel, salt if desired and pepper; saute for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and nonfat Parmesan cheese topping and without salt) equals 73 calories, 113 mg sodium,, 1 mg cholesterol, 7 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.