- 1 pound fresh brussles sprouts, quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic, lemon juice and peel, salt if desired and pepper; saute for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Garlic Sprouts
"My family loves this recipe. Even friends who do not like Brussels Sprouts like this recipe."
"Love the brightness the lemon gives to the earthy Brussels sprouts. A keeper!"
"I've been making these since TOH published in their magazine many years ago. Even finicky eaters love these!"