Lemon, garlic and Parmesan cheese are the perfect complement for brussels sprouts in this quick recipe from Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin.
- 1 pound fresh brussles sprouts, quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic, lemon juice and peel, salt if desired and pepper; saute for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Garlic Sprouts in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p53
Reviews for Lemon Garlic Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2012
"I've been making these since TOH published in their magazine many years ago. Even finicky eaters love these!"