Lemon, garlic and Parmesan cheese are the perfect complement for brussels sprouts in this quick recipe from Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin.
- 1 pound fresh brussles sprouts, quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic, lemon juice and peel, salt if desired and pepper; saute for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Garlic Sprouts in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p53
Reviews for Lemon Garlic Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2012
"I've been making these since TOH published in their magazine many years ago. Even finicky eaters love these!"