Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Cook rice according to package directions. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup cooked rice for another use. Drain and discard marinade from shrimp.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute shrimp in reserved marinade for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve shrimp with remaining rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 463 calories, 16g fat (1g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 1319mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Garlic Shrimp
"Wow! This was great! My husband and I both loved this. I will be making this again and again and again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.