You just may make memories with this yummy Lemon Garlic Shrimp, suggests Kristine DeGaetano from Brick, New Jersey. “This was the meal I cooked for my husband on our first date,” she recalls. “To this day, he still remembers that night whenever I cook it for him.” TIP: If you’re watching your sodium intake, serve over regular long grain or wild rice, rather than a mix. Tip idea: If you are watching your sodium, serve this over regular long grain or wild rice, not from a mix. From a mix, 1 cup rice is left over. We could give a suggestion for using it.
Recommended: 27 Easy Shrimp Recipes for Weeknight Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup cooked rice for another use. Drain and discard marinade from shrimp.
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in reserved marinade for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve shrimp with remaining rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Garlic Shrimp in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p13
Reviews forLemon Garlic Shrimp
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2013
"Wow! This was great! My husband and I both loved this. I will be making this again and again and again."