Lemon-Garlic Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, peel, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 13-14 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving equals 239 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4-1/2 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.