Lemon Garlic Mushrooms
Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida bastes whole mushrooms with a lemony sauce to prepare this simple side dish. Using skewers or a grill basket makes it easy to turn these mushrooms.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Grill
- mushrooms, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes. Brush
- generously with lemon mixture. Turn mushrooms; grill 5-8 minutes
- longer or until tender. Brush with remaining lemon mixture before
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 96 calories, 7 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 8 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 7 gm fat, 2 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.