Lemon Garlic Hummus Recipe
You'll need just five ingredients to blend together this smooth and creamy bean dip shared by Kris Capener of Layton, Utah. "We have it every Christmas Eve at our family party," she notes. "It's delicious and quick to make."
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pita bread, cut into wedges
- 1. In a food processor, combine the oil, beans, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 324 calories, 29 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC