- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pita bread, cut into wedges
- In a food processor, combine the oil, beans, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Lemon Garlic Hummus
"Love the lemony, garlic flavor. I substituted olive oil for the canola oil and the consistency was great. Smooth and delicious!"
"Extremely easy and I had all ingredients on hand. I used olive oil and didn't measure it, just poured it in the good processor until the texture was right. Tasted delicious too!"
"You can leave the oil out completely, for a healthy version, just add some of the drained liquid from the garbanzo beans, for the correct consistency."
"Like several others, I also felt that 3/4 cup oil was too much, so used 1/2 cup and thought the consistency was just right. I served it with guacamole tortilla chips. Very easy and delicious."
"This is a good basic recipe. However, here is a more succulent adaptation I came up with. I promise: you'll never buy store bought hummus again!1/2 cup olive oil1 can chick peas4 Tbsp lemon juice2 heaping Tbsp minced garlic1/2 tsp salt2 heaping tsp cuminBlend all ingredients except beans in the processor on low. Add beans; process on high till smooth."