You'll need just five ingredients to blend together this smooth and creamy bean dip shared by Kris Capener of Layton, Utah. "We have it every Christmas Eve at our family party," she notes. "It's delicious and quick to make."
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pita bread, cut into wedges
- In a food processor, combine the oil, beans, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Lemon Garlic Hummus in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p65
Reviews for Lemon Garlic Hummus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review