Lemon-Garlic Green Beans
"My brother made this stove top side dish as his contribution to Christmas dinner one year. We liked it so much that it became a mainstay in our household. -Gail Orsillo of Lynnwood, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir
- beans in oil over medium heat for 10-13 minutes or until
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the lemon juice, pepper and
- salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 54 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.