- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir beans in oil over medium heat for 10-13 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the lemon juice, pepper and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon-Garlic Green Beans
Sort By :
PRE BOILED THE BEANS FIRST, THEN STIR FRY THEM.IF YOU ADD THE TARRAGON SAUCE WILL BE FINE OR JUST USE GARLIC AND OR MRS DASH REGULAR OR GARLIC /HERB. BE INVENTIVE
I agree, sounds rather blah to me. Have you ever tried fresh green beans in a "marinara" type sauce? It's just a simple tomato marinara sauce of sautee'd onion, garlic, little oregano, salt and pepper. Really good with hard, crusty Italian bread.
I thought this recipe was one of the worst for fresh green beans. No flavor and they nearly burned up before they were tender crisp. I won't use it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >