Lemon Garlic Caesar Salad
Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas shares her popular Caesar toss. The light dressing has a flavorful balance of garlic, lemon and anchovy.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For dressing, place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover
- and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a
- steady stream.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, onion, croutons and
- Parmesan cheese. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 151 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.