Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas shares her popular Caesar toss. The light dressing has a flavorful balance of garlic, lemon and anchovy.
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For dressing, place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, onion, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caesar Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p10
Reviews for Lemon Garlic Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review