Lemon-Garlic Brussels Sprouts
"Even lifelong Brussels sprouts haters love these!" exclaims Jan Roberts from San Pedro, California. "For a heartier dish, sometimes I add crumbled bacon."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. Place in a shallow
- baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil and lemon
- juice; sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender,
- stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.