Lemon Garlic Bread
These bread slices are deliciously different with a hint of lemon.Adeline Piscitelli, Sayreville, New Jersey
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; brush over cut sides of bread. Wrap loaf in foil. Bake
- at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 211 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.