- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over low heat. Add chips and milk; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until chips are melted.
- Stir in marshmallow creme and extract; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Fudge
Sort By :
"I made this two years in a row. BUT I will have to agree with alirosepetal (May 5, 2014). This year I put in 2 tsp lemon extract and added yellow food color. Everything else was fine, set up fine too. But it did taste like the white chips more than lemon. LAST YEAR'S BATCH- tasted better because I just realized I was to use two bags of the white chips instead of one. I'm anxious to follow the Easy Fudge receipe on the jar of marshmellow cr?me next time. Using white chips, not chocolate. Lemon extract, not vanilla."
"Easy and very much loved by my family!"
"I followed the directions and I agree it tasted like almond bark, or like eating a handful of white chocolate chips. I would have increased the lemon extract but I think you're better off tweaking the fudge recipe on side of marshmallow cream jar to a lemon version. There was nothing creamy about this fudge or tasty. I served to six families and no one wanted more than one, some didn't finish their small square, we threw the batch in the garbage."
"I made this for Easter and everybody went crazy for it, even my family members who prefer chocolate desserts. I will definitely be making it again, it couldn't be easier. NOTE: Bitzee used lemon juice and did not get the desired result and rated it two stars. Don't make the same mistake. You must use lemon extract!"