Lemon Fried Rice Recipe
This appealing blend of rice and veggies complements most meats. The lemon peel and hot sauce transform regular fried rice into a distinctive side dish.
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onions and parsley in butter for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients; stir-fry for 4-6 minutes or until peas are tender and rice is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup: 186 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Lemon Fried Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC