Lemon Fluff Dessert
Wondering what to do with the can of evaporated milk and graham crackers in your pantry? Try this light, lip-smacking treat with a lovely lemon flavor for dessert tonight. Or make it a day ahead and refrigerate for convenience.
Leola McKinney - Morgantown, West Virginia
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pour milk into a small metal bowl; place mixer beaters in the bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling
- water. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy,
- about 1-1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; set aside 2 tablespoons
- for garnish. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of a 13-in. x
- 9-in. dish. Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form. Beat gelatin
- until tiny bubbles form. Fold milk into gelatin. Pour over prepared
- crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until
- set. Cut into squares. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 221 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,