Lemon Filbert Tea Bars Recipe
I grew up in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, and the Lord blessed this area with wild treats such as strawberries, blackberries, plums and filberts. Making these lemony bars is one of my favorite ways to enjoy filberts.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ground toasted filberts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine butter, 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar. Press in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients except additional confectioners' sugar. Pour over the crust; bake for 20 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 15 bars.
Originally published as Lemon Filbert Tea Bars in Country June/July 1992, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Filbert Tea Bars(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review