Lemon Filbert Tea Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ground toasted filberts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine butter, 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar. Press in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients except additional confectioners' sugar. Pour over the crust; bake for 20 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 15 bars.
1 each: 173 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Filbert Tea Bars
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.