Lemon Filbert Tea Bars
I grew up in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, and the Lord blessed this area with wild treats such as strawberries, blackberries, plums and filberts. Making these lemony bars is one of my favorite ways to enjoy filberts.
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ground toasted filberts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine butter, 1 cup flour and confectioners' sugar.
- Press in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients
- except additional confectioners' sugar. Pour over the crust; bake
- for 20 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares and sprinkle with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 15 bars.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a