- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, pudding mix, eggs and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into loaves. Place in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Lemon Easter Bread
Sort By :
"Love this ,,, I add some lemon rind and orange rind to the mixture also.. And use the juice and rind from both for frosting. It is sooo delish. Gone in my house in no time"
"I made this bread in my bread machine. It is super tasty with Honey Butter"
"any chance this can be made in a 2# bread machine?"