Lemon-Drop Dinner Rolls
My family loves these rolls with Christmas dinner. Their lemony flavor is a nice accompaniment to turkey and all the trimmings or to my husband's favorite main course, beef roast. Using frozen bread dough helps save time during the holiday rush!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white or sweet bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Divide dough into 12-18 pieces; shape into balls. In a small bowl,
- combine sugar, lemon peel and nutmeg. Dip tops of rolls into butter,
- then into sugar mixture. Place in greased muffin cups, sugar side
- up. Cut a 1/2-in.-deep cross on tops of rolls. Cover and let rise in
- a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Bake at 375° for
- 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan;
- cool on wire racks. Yield: 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.