Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drops
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, cream and peel. Combine the flour, lemon drops, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 cookies equals 120 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.