Lemon Drop Cookies
After we'd visited at her house, my sister sent a "care" package for the trip home. Tucked inside were these delightful cookies. Crushed lemon drop candies and grated lemon peel lend to the refreshing taste. —Pat Zimmerman, Midland, Texas
21 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drops
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the egg, cream and peel. Combine the flour, lemon drops, baking
- powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield:
- about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 120 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.