- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drops
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, cream and peel. Combine the flour, lemon drops, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Drop Cookies
"To last12Ecrew -- Try placing in sink and running hot Tap water over those cookie sheets -- or let the sheets sit with hot water and/or hot, wet paper towels on them."
"I tripled the recipe but only had a cup of crushed lemon drops so I added a half cup of Country Time dry Lemonade mix. This combination made about 4 1/2 dozen, two inch wide cookies, just the size I prefer. However they took between 12-15 minutes to bake."
"awesome cookies - dogcat I used your suggestions- worked great and the lemonheads were perfectly sour- The one recipe last Christmas everyone asked for"
"Great lemon taste, loved them! I always use parchment paper for baking...less mess!"
"Loved this recipe. Delicious tart lemony taste. Definitely use parchment paper - cookies came out perfectly!"