Lemon Dream Crepes Recipe
Need a light dessert idea for a luncheon? With a delicate lemon filling, these crepes are even better than lemon meringue pie! I have served them at many summer luncheons, and they seem to be a perfect ending for the meal. Sue A. Jurack
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Combine the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla; add to flour mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter until the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until edges are lightly browned; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For filling, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt. Whisk in eggs and yolks. Cook over low heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a small bowl; press plastic wrap over top of filling. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold half of the whipped cream into lemon filling. To serve, spoon 2 tablespoonfuls of filling down the center of each crepe; fold sides of crepe over filling. Top with remaining whipped cream. Yield: 24 filled crepes.
Originally published as Lemon Dream Crepes in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p247
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Dream Crepes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review