- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 10 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, lemon juice, flour, lemon peel, extracts and food coloring if desired. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Dream Cheesecake
"I made this cheesecake for Easter and it was absolutely delicious and very creamy! I did not make any changes to the recipe. I will make this again!"
"My wonderful-smelling cheesecake is still cooling from the oven, but if the smell and the nice looks are any indicator of flavor, we're going to really enjoy it. I did use vanilla wafers for the crust, as I didn't want to return to the store for what I didn't have. Can't wait to taste it and give half to my daughter's family."
"My family was nervous about a lemon cheese cake but this was fantastic. Texture was really light and the lemon was subtle but brought something to the table."
"This is delicious! It was my first time making a baked cheesecake (I was nervous, too.) I omitted the lemon extract and food coloring. I baked using water bath - initially using the water bath brought the oven temp down to around 300 degrees, so using an oven thermometer, I increased temp until I was back up to 325 degrees. Baked for 1 hr. (performed the jiggle test - outside perimeter of filling = firm/no jiggle with center filling = slight jiggle) then turned off the oven - opened door for 1 minute then closed and let the cheesecake sit it the oven for 1 hr. Removed outer springform ring then cooled on counter for 1 hr then put in fridge for 6 hrs. No cracks - looks like a pro made it with beautiful color on top. I made a lemon dessert sauce to drizzle on each serving - the little bit extra sweet/tartness made this cheesecake PERFECTION."
"Very good! Would use lemon curd for a topping next time."