Lemon-Dilled Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts get dressed up for the holidays when I make this flavorful dish. Lemon and dill season the buttery sauce, and chopped walnuts add just the right crunch.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and brussels sprouts to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- tender. Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in
- the lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Drain sprouts; add to butter mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- walnuts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 117 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.