Lemon Dill Walleye Recipe
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds walleye, cod, halibut or orange roughy fillets
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add water and dill; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes. Add milk; stir in lemons and pepper. Top with fillets. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Transfer fish to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking liquid, reserving lemons, onion and dill; serve with fish. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated with walleye and butter) equals 116 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Lemon Dill Walleye
"My husband is a batter loving fish guy. I tried this and he was hooked! Very impressed and with boiled new potatoes it was delish!"
"I didn't like this at all. I'm trying to eat healthier but find that most "healthy" recipes have no flavor. Sorry."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.