Lemon Dill Walleye
"In our area, walleye is popular and abundant," reports Dawn Piasta of Dauphin, Manitoba. "In this light entree, the fish is moist and nicely flavored with lemon and dill."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds walleye, cod, halibut or orange roughy fillets
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add water and
- dill; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5
- minutes. Add milk; stir in lemons and pepper. Top with fillets.
- Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with
- a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking
- liquid, reserving lemons, onion and dill; serve with fish. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated with walleye and butter) equals 116 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.