- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds walleye, cod, halibut or orange roughy fillets
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add water and dill; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes. Add milk; stir in lemons and pepper. Top with fillets. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking liquid, reserving lemons, onion and dill; serve with fish. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Dill Walleye
Sort By :
My husband is a batter loving fish guy. I tried this and he was hooked! Very impressed and with boiled new potatoes it was delish!
I didn't like this at all. I'm trying to eat healthier but find that most "healthy" recipes have no flavor. Sorry.