Lemon-Dill Steamed Vegetables Recipe
- 3/4 pound fresh baby carrots
- 4 medium new potatoes, quartered
- 6 fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the vegetables in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large serving bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, salt, dill and pepper. Add the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 158 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Lemon-Dill Steamed Vegetables
"Simple and delicious. A great easy and quick side dish."
"Used carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and fresh dill. Good."
"Delicious, especially the carrots. This is a nice way to include brussels sprouts into a side dish."