For a pretty side dish, try this lovely combination of fresh vegetables from Page Alexander of Baldwin City, Kansas. Tossed with a buttery sauce seasoned with lemon and dill, the delicious and nutritious blend cooks in minutes on the stove.
Recommended: 45 Super Foods for Your Brain
- 3/4 pound fresh baby carrots
- 4 medium new potatoes, quartered
- 6 fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the vegetables in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, salt, dill and pepper. Add the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Dill Steamed Vegetables in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p46
Reviews for Lemon-Dill Steamed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2015
"Used carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and fresh dill. Good."
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2009
"Delicious, especially the carrots. This is a nice way to include brussels sprouts into a side dish."