For a pretty side dish, try this lovely combination of fresh vegetables from Page Alexander of Baldwin City, Kansas. Tossed with a buttery sauce seasoned with lemon and dill, the delicious and nutritious blend cooks in minutes on the stove.
Recommended: 45 Super Foods for Your Brain
- 3/4 pound fresh baby carrots
- 4 medium new potatoes, quartered
- 6 fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the vegetables in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, salt, dill and pepper. Add the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Dill Steamed Vegetables in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p46
Reviews for Lemon-Dill Steamed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 17, 2015
"Simple and delicious. A great easy and quick side dish."
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2015
"Used carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and fresh dill. Good."
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2009
"Delicious, especially the carrots. This is a nice way to include brussels sprouts into a side dish."