Lemon Dill Couscous
Mary Jo Welch adds a touch of lemon and a hint of dill to dress up her couscous with flavorful results! The Brandon, Manitoba cook enjoys serving this as a low-fat side to most any full-flavored meat entree.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked plain couscous
- 3-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Follow couscous package directions for 2 servings, adding salt to the
- water and omitting the oil or butter from the first step. Stir in
- the couscous, lemon juice and dill. Cover and remove from the heat;
- let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Near East plain couscous.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 249 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.