Lemon-Dill Chicken Popover Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Brush the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Beat in the eggs, milk and remaining butter until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown and center is set.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the carrots, broccoli, onion and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside. In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the chicken, soup, red pepper, lemon juice and dill. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until red pepper is tender, stirring once. Stir in cheese and half of the vegetable mixture.
- 4. Spoon chicken mixture into center of popover. Surround with remaining vegetable mixture. Cut into wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 438 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 294 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.