Lemon-Dill Chicken Popover Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brush the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Beat in the eggs, milk and remaining butter until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown and center is set.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the carrots, broccoli, onion and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside. In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the chicken, soup, red pepper, lemon juice and dill. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until red pepper is tender, stirring once. Stir in cheese and half of the vegetable mixture.
- Spoon chicken mixture into center of popover. Surround with remaining vegetable mixture. Cut into wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Dill Chicken Popover(3)
Sort By :
I reduced the dill to just a dash (my personal preference), but otherwise made this as directed and it turned out perfectly!
I skipped the red pepper and onion based on our family's tastes. I made this for company and it was a hit, plus later when my husband got home from work he said it was great heated up. It looks so pretty on the table and tastes great!
This recipe was great. The only thing I found difficult was the timing. With small children I prepared the filling ahead of time and just reheated it when the popover was ready. Definetely a make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >