- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (12 to 14 ounces) lemon cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in pudding until blended.
- Set aside 1/4 cup each of whipped topping and crushed cookies for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture.
- Place half of the remaining cookies in a 3-qt. glass bowl; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and crushed cookies. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews forLemon Delight Trifle
"Can you use cake cubes instead of cookies. Asking because I don't understand why the recipe calls for crushed cookies. Am I missing something? I would love to hear your suggestions or responses.Thanks,Golady2"
"This is a keeper. I used the shortbread cookies instead of the lemon-filled cookies because that was all I had in the pantry. Everyone loved it!"
"This sounds wonderful, I love lemon! I've never had a trifle w/o cake in it before, I'm eager to try this one. If I were to add cake, I would make a lemon box mix, use 1/2 to 3/4 of the cake and layer - cake, vanilla waffers then pudding mix - mmmm! I'll try it first with just the lemon cookies, to be fair :)"
"This is very good and we all love it"
"This is soooo yummy and fast to put together!! I use the Lemonade Girl Scout Cookies and get raves! I have made this several times to take to pot-lucks and always come home with an empty bowl and request for the recipe"
"Made this for a summer party, its was perfect."
"A wonderful dessert for any occasion. Instead of mixing the Cool Whip in with the pudding mixture, I used it as a seperate layer - a layer of cookies, a layer of pudding mixture and a layer of cool whip. The three layers looked great in a trifle dish and still tasted great."