- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (12 to 14 ounces) lemon cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in pudding until blended.
- Set aside 1/4 cup each of whipped topping and crushed cookies for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture.
- Place half of the remaining cookies in a 3-qt. glass bowl; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and crushed cookies. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Delight Trifle
Sort By :
"I really liked this with the lemon cookies. It gave it a little crunch when you first ate it. It was a very good dessert that I will make again. Before you switch to cake when you first see the recipe try the lemon cookies, you won't be disappointed."
"Can you use cake cubes instead of cookies. Asking because I don't understand why the recipe calls for crushed cookies. Am I missing something? I would love to hear your suggestions or responses.Thanks,Golady2"
"This is a keeper. I used the shortbread cookies instead of the lemon-filled cookies because that was all I had in the pantry. Everyone loved it!"
"This sounds wonderful, I love lemon! I've never had a trifle w/o cake in it before, I'm eager to try this one. If I were to add cake, I would make a lemon box mix, use 1/2 to 3/4 of the cake and layer - cake, vanilla waffers then pudding mix - mmmm! I'll try it first with just the lemon cookies, to be fair :)"
"Made this for Thanksgiving dinner on my husband's side. Everyone loved it. Whenever I try a new recipe and they tell me they like/love it I always ask ,"Is it worth making again?" They all said "YES""