I like to serve this lemony treat is a trifle bowl. If you don't have one, a glass 13-in. x 9-in. dish will also work well. —Kim Wallace, Dennison, Ohio
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (12 to 14 ounces) lemon cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in pudding until blended.
- Set aside 1/4 cup each of whipped topping and crushed cookies for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture.
- Place half of the remaining cookies in a 3-qt. glass bowl; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and crushed cookies. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Lemon Delight Trifle in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p16
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Delight Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review