Lemon Delight Dessert
"This sunny yellow dessert, a recipe originally from my husband's aunt, is always requested for special occasions in our family, and it's so easy to make. Count yourself lucky if there's a piece left over—it tastes even better the next day!" —Pam Holloway, Baker, Florida
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans and salt. Stir in butter.
- Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350°
- for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with pie
- filling. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 607 calories, 33 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.