"This sunny yellow dessert, a recipe originally from my husband's aunt, is always requested for special occasions in our family, and it's so easy to make. Count yourself lucky if there's a piece left over—it tastes even better the next day!" —Pam Holloway, Baker, Florida
Recommended: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans and salt. Stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Delight Dessert in Country Woman April/May 2008, p8
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Delight Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2008
"This is delicious! BUT then I checked the calories, is that right???"