Couscous is a great carrier for bold flavors and cooks so quickly. It makes a wonderful accompaniment to many main dishes. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the spinach, carrots, dates, almonds, lemon juice, peel, salt and lemon-pepper. Stir in couscous. Garnish with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Date Couscous in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p28
Reviews for Lemon Date Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review