VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the spinach, carrots, dates, almonds, lemon juice, peel, salt and lemon-pepper. Stir in couscous. Garnish with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Date Couscous in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p28