Lemon Custard Cake Recipe
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or strawberry pie filling
- 1. Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk and sour cream. Beat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spread over cake. Spoon pie filling on top. Chill until serving time. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 143 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Custard Cake
"definitely eye catching in parfait glasses with whipped cream on top and colorful my picky father who complains about everything couldn't stop eating it. might try blueberry pie filling next time"
"If I make make this anyone can!! No cooking involved. The only thing I changed was I used fresh fruit instead of pie filling."
"I made this for the first time years ago, when it first came out in Taste of Home. It is MARVELOUS!!! I made it with blueberry & cherry filling to make a flag design for the 4 th of July. Beautiful & delicious!!!! :-)"
"Made my own strawberry filling and topped it with whipped cream..yummy..............."
"Easy, and I use either strawberry or raspberry pie filling. My family requests it often, but especially at Christmas time!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.