Lemon Custard Cake Recipe
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or strawberry pie filling
- 1. Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk and sour cream. Beat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spread over cake. Spoon pie filling on top. Chill until serving time. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece equals 143 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.