Just to prove a quick meal doesn't have to go without dessert, field editor Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin shares her simple recipe for Lemon Custard Cake. "It comes from my grandma and is also nice to whip up when unexpected company stops in," Sue informs. "It's a cool, creamy dessert that tastes like you fussed."
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or strawberry pie filling
- Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk and sour cream. Beat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spread over cake. Spoon pie filling on top. Chill until serving time. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Custard Cake in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p13
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Custard Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review