Lemon Custard Cake Recipe
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or strawberry pie filling
- Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk and sour cream. Beat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spread over cake. Spoon pie filling on top. Chill until serving time. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Custard Cake
Sort By :
definitely eye catching in parfait glasses with whipped cream on top and colorful my picky father who complains about everything couldn't stop eating it. might try blueberry pie filling next time
If I make make this anyone can!! No cooking involved. The only thing I changed was I used fresh fruit instead of pie filling.
I made this for the first time years ago, when it first came out in Taste of Home. It is MARVELOUS!!! I made it with blueberry & cherry filling to make a flag design for the 4 th of July. Beautiful & delicious!!!! :-)
Made my own strawberry filling and topped it with whipped cream..yummy...............
Easy, and I use either strawberry or raspberry pie filling. My family requests it often, but especially at Christmas time!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >