Lemon Custard Cake Recipe
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or strawberry pie filling
- Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk and sour cream. Beat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spread over cake. Spoon pie filling on top. Chill until serving time. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Custard Cake(4)
Sort By :
If I make make this anyone can!! No cooking involved. The only thing I changed was I used fresh fruit instead of pie filling.
I made this for the first time years ago, when it first came out in Taste of Home. It is MARVELOUS!!! I made it with blueberry & cherry filling to make a flag design for the 4 th of July. Beautiful & delicious!!!! :-)
Made my own strawberry filling and topped it with whipped cream..yummy...............
Easy, and I use either strawberry or raspberry pie filling. My family requests it often, but especially at Christmas time!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >