- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide into six portions; roll each portion into a
- 10-in. x 4-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough.
- Sprinkle filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll
- style, starting with a long side, to form a rope; pinch seams to
- Place three ropes on a floured surface and braid; pinch ends to seal
- and tuck under. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Repeat
- with remaining ropes. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown, covering
- loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes
- before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 233 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.