I make this for traditional English tea. My guests are so impressed and are amazed how delicious it is!Gloria Costes, West Hills, California
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In the top of a double boiler over boiling water, melt butter. Stir
- in sugar, eggs, lemon juice and peel. Cook over simmering water for
- 1 hour or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Pour into
- containers. Store in the refrigerator. Spread over scones, biscuits
- or toast. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 142 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.