Lemon Curd Tartlets
This has been in my party recipe collection for over 30 years and never fails to satisfy my guests. I can always rely on these fancy treats to please even the fussiest guest. —Jessica Feist, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
15 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
- Fresh raspberries, mint leaves and/or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, sugar,
- lemon juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking
- constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal
- spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and
- refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, spoon lemon curd into tart shells. Garnish with
- raspberries, mint and/or cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 15 tartlets.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tartlet equals 115 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.