This has been in my party recipe collection for over 30 years and never fails to satisfy my guests. I can always rely on these fancy treats to please even the fussiest guest. —Jessica Feist, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
- Fresh raspberries, mint leaves and/or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, spoon lemon curd into tart shells. Garnish with raspberries, mint and/or cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 tartlets.
Originally published as Lemon Curd Tartlets in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Curd Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review